Mashup 2015 report
The TrustPower Mashup Competition 2015 was held at the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic’s Bongard Centre in Tauranga over the weekend of 28 and 29 March 2015.
The key statistics from the competition are:
· 14 teams registered for the competition although one withdrew at the last moment (13 teams was an increase of 3 over 2014)
· 51 students participated (12 more than in 2014)
· The Bay of Plenty Regional Council underwrote the competition but other cash sponsorship totalled $11,000 with several other companies contributing time and personnel resources
· 17 IT, marketing and business people volunteered their time as mentors
· Total prize money was $2,000 with a cup to the winning team and an Ipad Air worth $1000 to the Mashup champion
· Teams worked from 9.30 on the Saturday morning until 6 pm that evening and then from 8.30 to 4.30 on the Sunday.
· Teams came from Tauranga (9), Whakatane (3) and Katikati (1).
· The prizes were awarded to:
· Trustpower Best Mashup: Solid Impact from the Katikati Home School Group
· Bay of Plenty Regional Council best technical mashup: Beamer from Mount Maunganui College
· Bay of Plenty Polytechnic best designed mashup: Virtuous Enterprises from Otumoetai College
· Technology Wise best managed mashup: Solid Impact from Katikati home school group
· University of Waikato best presented mashup: Lemons from Tauranga Girls’ College
· And the Vodafone mashup champion: Robert Calvert from Mount Mauganui College (wins an iPad Air)